Little Bennett Regional Park is the largest natural gem of Montgomery County. Throughout its 3,700 acres, you will find over 20 miles of trails leading you to and through quality forests, meadows, and streams. This vast park is home to many historic sites, as well as an abundance of native plants and animals. Additionally, you will find Montgomery County’s only campground, and the Little Bennett Golf Course. While virtually undeveloped, there are plans to enhance the park. Approved in March 2007, the Little Bennett Master Plan will provide a well planned day use area to enrich your future visits to the park. Until then, we look forward to seeing you here in the northern part of the county on our trails or camping in the campground to explore our many natural wonders.
Hours: Sunrise to sunset, year round. Operational hours of other facilities within the park will vary; please check listings for each facility.
Experience nature and wildlife while hiking over 20 miles of scenic natural surface trails in the park. For those who love the solitude of the meadow and forest, you can explore the park on all trails by foot, and many by horseback or mountain bike. Little Bennett Trail Map
Parking in the Park
Parking to access the trails and historic sites are located in the following places. Parking areas vary in size, and the smaller lots may fill to capacity on busy days. Please select an alternate parking lot in this event, to avoid illegal parking.
- Browning Run Parking Area on Clarksburg Road, south of Lewisdale Road (6-vehicle gravel lot) Trailheads: Browning Run Trail, Lewisdale Trail, Pine Knob Trail
- Kingsley Parking Area on Kingsley Road off Clarksburg Road (16-vehicle gravel lot) Trailheads: Kingsley Trail, Logger’s Trail, Western Piedmont Trail
- Wilson’s Mill Parking Area on Clarksburg Road, just south of Little Bennett Creek (12-vehicle gravel lot) Trailheads: Wilson’s Mill Trail, Stoneybrook Trail, Beaver Valley Trail, Mound Builder Trail
- Froggy Hollow Trailhead Parking on Clarksburg Road, just south of Kingsley Road (6-vehicle gravel lot) Trailhead: Froggy Hollow Trail
- Little Bennett Employee Parking Lot off Route 355, just outside the gates of the maintenance facility (20-vehicle asphalt lot) Trailhead: Hickory Hollow Trail
- Hyattstown Mill Road off Route 355, across from the Hyattstown Volunteer Fire Department (6-vehicle gravel lot) Trailheads: Western Piedmont Trail, Play lot, the Historic Hyattstown Mill
- Prescott Road Horse Trailer Parking off Lewisdale Road (vehicle and horse trailer parking in meadow) Trailheads: Timber Ridge Trail, Dark Branch Trail, Pine Knob Trail
- Lewisdale Horse Trailer Parking Lot off Lewisdale Road (vehicle and horse trailer parking in meadow) Trailheads: Lewisdale Trail, Browning Run Trail
- Burnt Hill Parking Area on Burnt Hill Road, just south of Prices Distillery Road (5-vehicle gravel lot) Trailhead: Purdum Trail