We hold rides open to any rider (ages 6-16) on Monday night at Wakefield and Lake Fairfax , and rides for the Race Team riders will also be on Monday Nights at Wakefield Park. All rides begin at 5:45 pm and last about 1 -1.5 hours depending on the group’s ability and time of year. To check the status of a ride, look for updates on our homepage.
Monday Night TBL/MORE Rides (Open to all riders): Typically, we will begin by going over a particular riding skill. We will discuss proper riding techniques and maybe work on some skill drills. We then break into riding groups based on skill level and on how many volunteers we have available for the rides. All riders MUST be MORE (Mid Atlantic Off-Road Enthusiast) members
- Day and Time: Mondays at 5:45 p.m.
- Location: Every week at Wakefield and at Lake Fairfax.
- Wakefield rides will start in the FIRST parking lot on the left as you pull into the park.
- Lake Fairfax rides will start in the lower parking lot by the parks office building.
- Rides dates for Wakefield: The first ride is April 22 and continuing weekly until September 22. (for a complete list of rides, see the ride calendar)
- Rides dates for Lake Fairfax: The first ride is April 22 and continuing every other week, as long as there are enough riders, until September 22 (for a complete list of rides, see the ride calendar)
- Who can attend: Open to any rider whether they are interested in racing or just want to ride for recreation
- Ages and Ability: Open to any child 6 and over. Children under 6 are welcome, however a parent must accompany them on the ride and the child should be able to ride at least 3 miles on dirt trails
- A MUST: All riders must have a properly working bike and helmet. Ride Leaders have every right to deny a child to ride with the group if their bike or helmet is deemed unsafe. All riders MUST have water that they can carry with them. No rider will be allowed to ride without water. Riders will not be allowed to ride in the parking lot while waiting for the ride to begin. ALL youth and parents must wait in the grassy areas of the park. NO ONE may ride through the parking lots while waiting for the rides to begin.
- RSVP: All riders must RSVP to attend each week. You can RSVP here.