Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rob Lowe
    Participant

The Thursday Night Ride at Wakefield Park is brought to you by MORE and The Bike Lane for October thru December 2018.

It’s fall and it’s dark. You will need lights. No Accotink.

Where – Wakefield Park – Opposite Corner from the Audrey Moore Rec Center in the Main Parking Lot (near where the old recycling bins were).
    When – Thursday – Meet at 630p, Rides rolling by 645p.
    Who – Contact: Rob Lowe – robl{at}more-mtb.org
    How Long – 1.5 to 2 Hours for Normal Ride
    How Far – 7 to 12 miles depending on pace of group
    Pace Groups – Casual and Intermediate – We often have other groups out too
    Lights – Yes you will need at least 1 good quality light of say 300-400 lumens minimum that lasts for 1.5 to 2 hours.
    HELMET REQUIRED

Sample Ride’s for Casual:
    Wakefield Only – Winter Time

Sample Ride’s for Intermediate:
    Wakefield Only – Winter Time

ALTERNATE RIDES – When trails or conditions mean no MTB Trails
    These below rides are typically 1 single group, though break-a-ways can and will happen. Pace is UP as these are not your typical MTB rides. Also referred to as Plan B Rides. We typical ride to a local watering hole and partake of a tasty adult beverage then head back. Often pace is 12-14mph at times with rides being 14-20 miles long. We often visit Oh George, Auld Shebeen and occasionally the Vienna Inn.

Post Ride: PLB’s and Kilroy’s for food afterwards. Bring cash!

Rob Lowe
    Participant

So I’m still in OZ for a few more weeks. Weather for the 17th looks good. Check my facebook page and the Wakefield and Accotink Page for status info. Unfortunately by the time I’m up it will be ride time so any new posts I get on FB on the ride will not be on here.

Larry Cautilli
    Participant

The Wakefield Thursday Night Ride is “ON” for October 18th, 2018. Wakefield Only no Accotink. Bring lights. It is DARK by 7:00 PM.

Rob Lowe
    Participant

Dec 6 – Ride is on but will it be trails or Plan B? Join us at 630 to find out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.