Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

OK – Made two minor updates:

1. Added Trail Conditions to the nav so it can now be accessed from anywhere
    2. Updated sort to list by date modified; so venues that have been most recently updated show on top.

Thanks for the input!

M

jmwking
    Participant

I’m not sure sorting by date will help most riders. I only regularly ride a couple of the trails, so a quick CTRL-F lets me find my favorite trails. But I’ll still have to be very careful to see what the report date was ’cause I won’t scroll to see where Schaeffer or Seneca Bluffs are in the list; I’ll just search.

I did notice that right at the top, Seneca Bluffs and Quantico are showing out of date order just now, too.

-jk

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

Thanks – yes; I noticed that as well. Working to resolve it…

Todd Bauer

We seem to be getting regular updates for the MoCo trails, and very little else. It would be great if Virginia and Baltimore played along, I imagine someone is riding in those areas.

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

I need a development budget for all your requests 😉

Here’s two items I’ll address as I can:

1. Color fades or status expires a certain amount of time (4 days?) It will be easier to “expire” the status update than to put in a color fade…
    2. Modifier to show a hazard (independent of status) – i.e. bridge out, rotting deer carcass 😉

I still have to get with a developer to help me make this “automatic” so that reports submitted get added to the site automatically that way editors just “review” reports to make sure no A-hole puts in something totally inappropriate.

And, I’ll echo what Todd said: The reports are highly dependent on you submitting them. please spread the word so that we can get reports on a regular basis.

Brad E
    Participant

I’ve got a requests that span several topics:
    Under trail conditions you can link to the page for that particular trail (Where to ride) and under Where to Ride it shows the trail condition status at the top and events at the bottom.
    On the trail page is it possible to place a link to the liaison name/email? I’ve hunted most all the site and nothing is popping out.

I don’t participate in Facebook but browse through every now and then because that is all some people use. I see that Rockburn is having a trail work day this Sat and Sun, but have no way of getting in contact with that person to get the particulars on the calendar.

Also the trails that I’ve been adding for races on the calendar in the expanded area are now popping up in what I consider our local catalog on the Where to Ride page. I enter the info to fill out the calendar entry but don’t want them influencing the other sections of the site. ie: Secret Stash and highly technical, face paced, expert ride located near Thomas Circle downtown for when I was trying a dummy event in the past. Or The Granogue Estate in Wilmington DE.

BottomBraket
    Participant

OK – Made two minor updates:

1. Added Trail Conditions to the nav so it can now be accessed from anywhere
    2. Updated sort to list by date modified; so venues that have been most recently updated show on top.

Thanks for the input!

M

Yeah! This should bring MORE exposure to the link.

Sean Johnson
    Participant

Those crazy patapsco people somehow entered a future date on their trail report 9/7/15……

Brad E
    Participant

Damn them, that’s smart. Keeps their trail at the top of list….. 😉

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

Brad – yea – the calendar and venues are closely tied together. Part of the reason we were not adding calendar items that were not in “our trails system” 😉

There is a check box in the venue admin page that you can tick to “exclude” the venue from the trail status report list; I’ll add the same to the “where to ride” listing. Please shoot me a PM with the venues you added so I can update them.

If you want to avoid this – just don;t “add new venues” jun the future – just enter the info in the event description…

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

Correction – the checkbox is to include the venue in the list. To exclude the venue you uncheck the box. I updated your stash and Granogue estate entries

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

I made a few more updates that hopefully help out…

The Where to Ride page now displays each venue (trail) in a container with the trail’s current status (I may tweak this a little). Details of the status can be found in the specific trail page – i.e. see Accotink’s page for a sample.

I want to take this opportunity to ask for more help again. Our venue pages need some help. Some are great: i.e. South Germantown Bike Park while others are not, i.e. Seneca Ridge/Greenway. (not picking on anyone here – just grabbed those two because they were closest to my mouse…

If you are the liaison for a venue that has no info please take a few minutes to gather some and send it to us. Ideally ALL of our venues should have some content. And, to reiterate what Todd said – the status updates are only as good as what we get – so please keep them coming. IN time (soon I hope) those updates will be automatically added to the site so that we only have to “review” them as they come in…
    Thanks again for your patience while I (we) work on this – hopefully we’ll make it the standard for other clubs to follow in the future 🙂

Brad E
    Participant

Brad – yea – the calendar and venues are closely tied together. Part of the reason we were not adding calendar items that were not in “our trails system” 😉

My thought there was we are trying to serve our membership, not just the trail system. Within our catalog of trails maybe 6-8 races are held each year. If the radius is expanded a bit there are several opportunities each month. It’s not really my thing, but I know many people who are traveling 100+ miles to line up.

I’ll probably leave the additional fields blank near the bottom of the events page, and just fill in the info in the body of the text. Didn’t know that this was going to snowball into something larger because of the ties in the coding.

I’ve only added trails (races) in July and August so far.

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

Another reason, to be honest with you is time; and, we also want to make sure we highlight events that our sponsors put out. I do appreciate your help – this is definitely an added bonus to our users. Don’t hold back…

Martin Fernandez
    Keymaster

FYI – I just moved the “Trail Conditions” link under the “Where to Ride” link. The new link was causing some overlap issues on browsers set to lower resolutions. Hopefully that alleviates some of the display issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.