Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

newyork326
    Participant

Went riding there tonight rode 3 trails, power station, slaughterhouse, and the meadow run. I had to pick ticks off of me after each trail. 8 ticks in total. 3 after the first run, 3 after the 2nd trail, and 2 on the final trail. The grass and weeds are so overgrown that you can not even see the trail at some points. They need to come out and cut back the weeds ASAP! I won’t be back until this place gets mowed!

dug_vinson
    Participant

I stay away from LH this time of year. It’s a shame, but that’s the way it is.

Brian B

I have stayed away from Laurel Hill for several years now, mainly because of the ticks. Why is it that this place is infested with ticks, but other trails in the area never seem to have an issue.

They need to spray the area with DDT and say its for vector control, which is true. This would eliminate the ticks!

kmsshaffer
    Participant

The trails are all cut back really well now… Haven’t had tick issues in a few years. This place drains really well so when Fountainhead is closed, which is often, and Meadowood is a swamp this is the place to go in NOVA. It’s not difficult but it is well maintained and it’s fun if like to ride fast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.