Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

saxman
    Participant

@mario 235443 wrote:

Just rode LB and I agree with the previous post about the trees down. All of them need a chainsaw to clear. Although annoying, they are pretty well spaced out and you can get a good “run” in. The trails are fairly dry considering it is Little Ben and all of the rain we just had. The only mud I saw was in the double track on browning run in the open field near Clarksburg road.

Thanks for the info everyone. I’ll let the park managers know.

The newer trails are far more sustainable and far better designed than their original predecessors. The original trails followed old farm roads, the new trails were designed by people who know how to design trails. The result is that Little Bennett’s legendary muddiness is becoming a thing of the past. There are still some trouble spots, no doubt, but these trails are gradually being closed and rerouted.

In what I was calling the Bizarro Universe, for most of 2012, Little Bennett’s trails were often in better shape than Black Hill, which is usually the “yardstick” for quick draining trails in this part of the County.

endolife
    Participant

@saxman 235428 wrote:

One slight problem: Every trail that you just mentioned are Hiker Only trails. With the exception of Froggy Hollow from the Schoolhouse to Burnt Hill Road, all trails west of Little Bennett Creek are closed to bicycles (Another exception is the Bennett Ridge Trail, which is only open to bicycles if you are camping). Don’t worry, I won’t turn you in to Park Police…this time (LOL).

A new perimeter trail will eventually be opened, and that will be the sole bike trail on the western side of the park. Looking at the terrain and proposed route of the perimeter trail, it’s going to be a pretty amazing ride once it is built.

Shows you what I know about LB!! :confused2: 😮 OTOH, I did not see signage to that effect at the kiosk where I parked. I’ll stay out of there from now on unless I’m with someone who knows the place. Meantime, I hope the hikers & horse people are happy with the work I did!

sierra11861
    Participant

What was going on at LB today? There were a bunch of group rides and hikers and horses defecating.

Mario
    Participant

Yeah, and also several goateed men wearing neon yellow on bikes…

denisvtt
    Participant

@sierra11861 235632 wrote:

What was going on at LB today? There were a bunch of group rides and hikers and horses defecating.

See posts #16 to #27+:

http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24766

sierra11861
    Participant
    mario;235633 wrote:
    yeah, and also several goateed men wearing neon yellow on bikes…

lmao

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.