Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jake76
    Participant

Anybody been riding here lately? I haven’t rode up there in about 4 years. Sadly it was a great ride back in the day. Long rocky climbs, good times. Don’t know now. Seems to have fallen off MORE’s radar as well. Don’t see any work days or rides up there anymore.

Great summer time ride, go jump in the lake and cool off after a long ride. I know on the weekends it gets quite crowded and will close. Attached MDNR map.

Updates??
    http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Documents/Greenbrier_Map.pdf

dan_hudson
    Participant

DNR has plans for some new trail at G’brier.

At long last really linking the Water Tank Trail into the system with new segments behind the campground and crossing the road by the contact station down to the boat ramp. Will allow a full circumnavigation of the park. Last permission hurdles are a couple of bridges below the contact station. Fingers-crossed it will happen sometime in 2017.

Jake76
    Participant

Thanks Dan for the update that is great news!! The other parks like Gambrill, The shed and Emmitsburg get a lot of TLC and riding but Greenbrier is extra special in my mind. Especially with the lake there.

That is great more trail is coming. That is one thing Green brier lacked was amount of trail. The quality is there. Hmmm.. Maybe I should lead a MORE ride there sometime.

BottomBraket
    Participant

From down south, Greenbrier is a farther drive and trails are not as fun as GamShed.

Jake76
    Participant

Not too much further up the road from Gambrill. I think it is great in the summer! Go riding then go jump in the lake and cool off is a big win in my book.

riderx
    Participant

Glad to hear someone is a fan of Greenbrier. I suppose if you lived near by it would be a regular ride, but for me it’s not worth the extra drive because:
    – Most of the trail is old double track
    – Limited mileage
    – Better quality and mileage of trail at the Watershed/Gambrill combo which is closer for me.
    Sidenote: plenty of places for post ride cool down in the Shed.

Good to hear the watertower trail will now be made, that will help improve options and add some quality singletrack to the menu.

Jake76 – you should lead rides there, no better way to promote a trail you like and get people interested in it.

Jake76
    Participant

RiderX- just hate to see it fall off the radar. Totally agree with everything you mentioned. Just trying to keep it on the radar!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.