Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-04-30: MD Patuxent Middle Wincopin: 1 pm, 68 °F, Green. Some dust, mostly bone-dry hard pack, some mud & standing water down on the river trail. Some cool rocky section up on the ridge. Find the Middle Patuxent River Wincopin trailhead on Vollmerhausen RD between I-95 & Savage Guilford RD, just northwest of Savage, MD. Better trail conditions than Cabin John. Great eats & brew at Rams Head in Historic Savage Mill.

lokerola
    Participant

Rode Laurel Hill from GIles Meadow parking lot this morning. There’s a good sized tree down across the GIles Run trail, just before popping out by the CCT.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-05-11: MD Fairland: 4 pm, 75 °F, Green. Some dust, mostly bone-dry hard pack, almost no mud, no standing water.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-05-12: MD Patapsco/ Avalon: 10 am, 72 °F, Green. Some dust, mostly bone-dry hard pack, almost no mud, no standing water.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-05-15: MD Fairland: 5 pm, 89 °F, Yellow. No dust, mostly dry to damp hard pack, some slick spots, no standing water. Tons of pollen.

dbuck
    Participant

2018-05-19: Schaeffer Farms. Muddy with standing water in many places. I did not ride, for obvious reasons, but did walk a bit of the trail.
    Apparently we need post TRAIL CLOSED signs for those not responsible enough to realize that after a week of rain that the trails should not be ridden.
    On my way to the grocery store this morning I saw a small SUV with mtn bikes on a rear rack headed towards Schaeffer. On my way home I swung through the Shaeffer Trail Head paring lot and there was the SUV sans bikes. And another car with an empty bike carrier. Did I see these, or any other, people riding the trails? No. And I know what is said when you “assume”… But, come on!
    I get it. You’ve been hankering to hit the trail all week. So have a ton of us. But why not be a trail steward instead of trail stupid and wait for the trails to dry before saddling up?
    My 2 cents.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-06-06: MD Fairland: 12 pm, 70 °F, Yellow. No dust, mostly dry to damp, some slick spots, some muddy spots, some standing water. The Long Haul Crow’s Foot (downhill from Greencastle playground to u-turn near Greencastle RD) is the worst: long-wide mud pits, standing water, water flowing down the trial. The rest of Fairland is 90 to 98% dry to damp hardpack.

Bridge Out on Viper: North of the paved path near the Ice House entrance. Ranger Chris has closed off that part of Viper.

Tree down: Crow’s Foot near Holly. From Holly, turn left on Crow’s foot. It’s a 30-30 tree (30″ diameter, highest part is 30″ off the ground).

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-06-07: MD Patuxent Middle Wincopin: 3 pm, 70 °F, Yellow. On the ridge: no dust, mostly damp and tacky. On the river trails: some damp spot OK to ride, some spots caked with mud, standing water, and sand piles. Some cool rocky section up on the ridge. Find the Middle Patuxent River Wincopin trailhead on Vollmerhausen RD between I-95 & Savage Guilford RD, just northwest of Savage, MD. Great eats & brew at Rams Head in Historic Savage Mill.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-06-19: MD Fairland: 11 am, 86 °F, Greem. Some dust, mostly dry to damp, 1 muddy spot holding standing water on the Long Haul Crows Foot.

Bridge Still Out on Viper: North of the paved path near the Ice House entrance. Ranger Chris has closed off that part of Viper.

Tree Still down, but ramped: Crow’s Foot near Holly. From Holly, turn left on Crow’s foot. It’s a 30-30 tree (30″ diameter, highest part is 30″ off the ground).

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-06-25: MD Patuxent Middle Wincopin: 2 pm, 72 °F, Yellow. No dust, mostly damp & moist, some slick spots, mud, & standing water. I skipped the river section down to I-95 bridge, too wet. Find the Middle Patuxent River Wincopin trailhead on Vollmerhausen RD between I-95 & Savage Guilford RD, just northwest of Savage, MD. Great eats & brew at Rams Head in Historic Savage Mill.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-06-28: MD Patapsco/ Rockburn Avlaon: 11 am, 78 °F, Green. No dust, mostly damp & moist, some slick spots & mud (mostly on Morning Choice), no standing water.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-06-30: MD Emmitsburg Rainbow Lake: 10 am, 78 °F, Green. No dust, mostly damp & moist, one slick spots, no standing water. Oh yeah, lots of rocks.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-07-01: MD Patapsco/ Rockburn Avlaon: 6 pm, 82 °F, Green. No dust, mostly damp & moist, some mud (mostly on Morning Choice), no standing water.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-07-04: MD Little Bennett: 10 pm, 82 °F, Green. No dust, mostly damp & moist, some drier-than-play-dough mud, no standing water. Get out there and ride over those drying mud pits to mash them down: Trail-work-while-u-ride.

BottomBraket
    Participant

2018-08-05: MD Bacon Ridge: 10 pm, 90 °F, Green. No dust, some sand, mostly damp & moist, some holes with mud and standing water. My first time at Bacon Ridge- nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.