Welcome to the 2018-19 edition of the MoCo sMORE’s Night Ride. This is a ride for the sMORE’s (small MORE’s), you know the little one’s, Mini me’s, Little whipper snapper’s, the offspring, Kids, etc. We want to get the kids hooked on Mountain biking early. PLUS, this gives us (the parents), a chance to spend some quality time with our kids. These weekly rides will be on Tuesday’s at 6pm. We will rotate which park we ride at. There are several parks around Upper Montgomery County where we have acquired permits for night riding. Check this thread every week to find where the starts from. The night rides will rotate between Schaeffer Farm, Hoyles Mill, Little Bennett and Black Hill/Ten Mile Creek .
There are a couple of things you need to know.
1. All participants must wear a helmet (adults, this also means you).
2. Have a bike in good working condition, and a QUALITY bike light. A little 2 cell Cateye won’t cut it for these rides.
3. Everyone must sign the MORE waiver.
4. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (this ride is about riding with your child as much as it is about getting kids to ride)
5. Rides are weather permitting. So check this thread or our Facebook page for updates.
6. Have fun and enjoy riding with your child.
All rides will be adult lead and have an adult sweeper. We usually break up into at least two groups so everyone can ride at a pace and distance that suits their ability. It helps if you and/or your child likes frozen deserts and/or hot chocolate. We like to end each ride with a little treat at a local ice cream shop (frozen yogurt counts).
So, please join us for these fun filled rides.