Leading rides is both one of the most important and enjoyable volunteer opurtunities the club offers. Our ride calendar is in many ways the heart and soul of the club. After all it’s our shared love of riding that is the basis for everything we do. In order to provide these opportunities we rely on volunteers such as you.
Taking the time to plan and lead a ride is one of the most important contributions you can make to your club.
Any current member of MORE is eligible to lead a club ride.
In order to lead a ride simply do the following:
- Plan out the details. Our Ride Leader Guideis a great way for new ride leaders to get started.
- Fill out the Ride Submision Form to have your ride reviewed an posted. Please plan ahead and give the ride coordinator plenety of time to review and post your ride. (2+ days is best)
- Download and print copies of our MORE Liability Waiver. (Yeah we know this isn’t the fun part but they are important to protect both you as the ride leader and the club).
- Show up early to your designated meeting area at least 30 minutes prior to the start to get setup and ready to greet your fellow riders.
- Introduce yourself, sign everyone in using the Waivers.
- Ride and have fun.
- Submit your signed waivers to the ride coorindator to recieve credit for your ride. (Important as there are some great incentives for our dedicated ride leaders like Club Enduro). You can take a photo of the signed waivers with your smartphone and email them to the ride coordinator, scan and email them or even use old fashioned snail mail.
P.O. Box 2662
Fairfax, VA 22031