Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

rambling
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    An effort is underway to get a bid together for Maryland to have a NICA (national interscholastic cycling association) league in the state. Middle and high school mountain bike teams practicing and racing. Some of you may already be active participants in the Virginia or Pennsylvania leagues – feel free to chime in with your experience.
    We have our first interest/information meeting scheduled for April 25 in Arbutus, MD (next door to Avalon part of Patapsco Valley State Park) and we’ll be looking to schedule more all around MD. I’m going to try to attach the flyer…
    Our main focus right now is building a leadership team and creating our state’s bid, with a secondary goal of disseminating information and continuing to build interest in the community.
    If you would like to have a meeting near you, please let me know.
    If you would like to volunteer at a high level to make this thing happen – definitely let me know.
    If you would like to become a coach and mentor a team of young student-athletes – we’re sharing the steps to do that too but #1 focus is implementing a league in MD – hang tight, your time is coming!
    HOWEVER – MD kids can form independent clubs or regional composite teams and race in the VA or PA league series’ – and they’ll need coaches – more info on that at meetings too.

*I am not “good” at checking forums often so forgive any delays in my replies on here but I will try to check in daily

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.