Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rick Meyer (livedb)
    Rick Meyer (livedb)
    Participant

Hi All!

I have committed to Montgomery Parks to continue leading monthly work days on the first Sunday of each month this year.

We have several projects to work on including:
    Ten Mile creek Steam crossings-
    Muddy aria near the Yellow house
    Adding some skills features to Ten Mile creek Trail
    Finishing the berms on Cold Spring Run
    Hamilton Trail reroute
    Hard Rock Trail drainage crossing armoring

Just to name a few.
    Look for info on the calendar soon and keep an eye on the Montgomery Parks site for work day info.

http://www.montgomeryparks.org/support/volunteer/

I hope to see some MORE people out to show support for all that Montgomery Parks has done for us in the County.

Profile photo of Rick Meyer (livedb)
    Rick Meyer (livedb)
    Participant

Sunday March 5th. 9AM at Ganley Road

Please join MORE and Montgomery Parks on Sunday March 5th from 9am to 1pm for a work day on Ten Mile Creek Trail.

We will meet at the end Of Ganley Road at 9am and hike in to the work site at the stream crossing that is about 1 mile in. The days plan is to search the area for the larger stones we will need to create an armored crossing. We will be gathering all the material for a future work day, and stacking them close to the crossing.
    As we are working with rock and heavy stone, I hope to have some very careful and cautious volunteers. We will take out time. Slide and roll the stones. We should have a wheelbarrow available as well.

Please wear sturdy shoes, bring water and a snack if you like. We will have gloves and tools necessary for the work.

Student SSL hours are available!
    The minimum age to volunteer is 15, but youths 13 and 14 years old may volunteer if an adult participates with them.

Please RSVP to Rick Meyer at Livedb@aol.com so we can plan properly for the day.

I look forward to seeing you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.