Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 398 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

I hate to do it, but with the rain and some staff off for the day, I’ll be hanging back at the shop tonight meaning I’ll have to cancel the ride for 11/15/16.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

Change of pace if you can make it tonight for 11/22/16.

I’m hijacking the official ride (again) to pursue the 16 mile ride we did last week here from the shop. It’s been called many things, but most recently and most officially the “Tiki Ride”.

My dad is flying in from Germany for Thanksgiving, so I can’t be too far from home in order to pick him up from the airport.

I’ve been riding a SS CX bike (anything with 33’s and wider is capable of handling the terrain) but several mtb’s have ridden this happily as well.

Here is the route if you think you can make it, we’ll plan to have wheels rolling at 7pm and be back around 8:45pm.

https://www.strava.com/activities/776775758

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

Rain 11/29/16

Profile photo of madisonb
    madisonb
    Participant

Good bit of rain yesterday. Jan called it off on account of wetness.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

Yeah, what ^ said. Thanks Madison.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

The. Ride. Is. ON tonight for 12/20/16! Boom!

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

I don’t know how many of you hardcore mtb’ers are also commuters, or otherwise road riders. But BikeArlington has an annual cycling competition called Freezing Saddles to help motivate mile accumulation during the winter time.

Tonight is the first Happy Hour meeting which I’ll be attending, unfortunately meaning I won’t be able to lead the ride tonight: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?11312-Freezing-Saddles-Welcome-Happy-Hour-meet-your-teammates

See you next week, hopefully!

Jan

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

Well shoot, it’s raining! Ride is cancelled for 01/17/17.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

Same ol’ story. Must be that time of year. Ride is cancelled for 01/24/17

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

I rode some of the CCT and surrounding trails yesterday, during and after the light snow.
    With the warm temps today, the ground is surely going to be wet so I’m going to cancel the ride for tonight 1/31/17.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

We are ON for tonight 2/7/17. There is rain in the forecast, but not until late tonight, around 11pm. If it moves up, I’ll post an update.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

I have plans with the lady tonight, so neither of us will be at the ride for 2/14/17. Going to cancel the official ride, but it’s a nice night…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of FIX_BKS FIX_BKS.
    Profile photo of madisonb
    madisonb
    Participant

I will be there if anyone wants to join.

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

The ride is ON ON ON, TONIGHT for 2/21/17. A few of us will be riding from the shop around 5:30pm if you’re interested in adding some miles. Otherwise, be there at 6:30pm and we’ll see you there!

Profile photo of FIX_BKS
    FIX_BKS
    Participant

I have been holding off until the weather showed its true colors. Gonna cancel tonight as the rain seems imminent for 2/28/17

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 398 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.