Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 432 total)
  • Author

FIX_BKS
    Participant

I’ll be leading a regular “faster than casual” (moderate) ride on Tuesday nights if anyone is interested. The ride will meet in the far Wakefield parking lot (Audrey Moore Rec Center) by the recycling bins around 6:30pm and we’ll try and hit the trails by 6:45pm.

Typically, as the weather improves, we will have lots of riders show up and we can split into different groups. This may also result in some rides catering to a casual pace whereas another could be a fast ride. The regularly scheduled ride will always be moderate: Brisk pace with enough stops to allow the group to reconvene. No one will be “dropped” (left behind) unless they specifically mention they are unable to continue (for whatever reason).

Come on out!

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by  Rob Lowe. Reason: Moved to recurring rides

FIX_BKS
    Participant

Guessing nobody rode last night, but has anybody seen the trail conditions of Wake-O-Tink today?

Update: N’errmind, gonna take a look at Laurel Hill…be there in 30 (5pm) for those interested!

FIX_BKS
    Participant

@fix_bks 216617 wrote:

I’ll be trying to lead a regular “faster than casual” (moderate) ride on Tuesday nights if anyone is interested.

After years as the casual ride leader, I think I’ve finally graduated to this new level! Unfortunately, the weather doesn’t look great for this evening per se, but moving forward that’s the plan!

Soooooo…let’s just say, hypothetically, the weather is decent, the conditions rideable…would anybody be interested in going for a ride tonight?

drevil
    Participant

@fix_bks 216617 wrote:

I’ll be trying to lead a regular “faster than casual” (moderate) ride on Tuesday nights if anyone is interested.

After years as the casual ride leader, I think I’ve finally graduated to this new level! Unfortunately, the weather doesn’t look great for this evening per se, but moving forward that’s the plan!

Do these rides still happen?

FIX_BKS
    Participant

@drevil 221416 wrote:

Do these rides still happen?

Indeed they do! And although you’d think tonight would be the perfect night for it, my family is in town and we’re doing an early Christmas tonight which means the official ride will be cancelled tonight 12/20/11.

Here’s an overview from last week though: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/134506465

Larry Cautilli
    Participant

@fix_bks 221420 wrote:

Indeed they do! And although you’d think tonight would be the perfect night for it…..

Don’t let him fool you. Tonight “IS” a perfect night for a Wakefield ride. I got back from a quick patrol of both Wakefield and Accotink about an hour ago, and both trails are in good condition. The only trail that I could find with any real mud was the 495 race loop exit segment. (It was muddy at the end and had a 20 foot long mud puddle along the fence line). Everything else was in great or good shape.

If you have the time to ride tonight, I’d do it before the rain comes in!

L

BottomBraket
    Participant

drevil and I rode 7.7 miles at 9.2 mph ave. Fun hoopy trails beats sittin’ on 495 for 49 minutes.

FIX_BKS
    Participant

Sorry folks, no ride tonight 01/03/12

FIX_BKS
    Participant

Guess this is a little short notice, but probably comes as no surprise that the snow from yesterday melted today and made the trails wet. So, ride cancelled for 01/10/12

FIX_BKS
    Participant

Yep, yep, yep…you guessed it. As I’m writing this at 6:27pm on a Tuesday (Rainday), we clearly won’t be going for a ride tonight 01/17/11. One of these days… :confused:

FIX_BKS
    Participant

Ugh, please see prior weeks status. 🙁

FIX_BKS
    Participant

According to the “Wakefield is a mess” thread from a few weeks ago, things are looking up! With today’s sun, warmth and wind hopefully conditions will continue to improve throughout the day!

Let’s meet up at 6:30 with charged lights and stick to the dry stuff, whattaya say?

Ride is on for tonight, 1/31/12! (man, that feels good)

Rob Lowe
    Participant

You mean 1/31/12. 🙂

Cya there!

FIX_BKS
    Participant

@atlantis 223469 wrote:

You mean 1/31/12. 🙂

Cya there!

You KNOW it :thumbsup:

Dash

Mind if I tag along? It’ll be my first group ride.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 432 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.