Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SCKINZ1
    SCKINZ1
    Participant

My neighbor’s son is looking for a bike to try MtB. He is 5′ 4″ so probably a small. Doesn’t want to spend a lot of money while he is trying it out. Anyone have something they want to sell? Thanks

Profile photo of jmwking
    jmwking
    Participant

Nothing to sell (and I generally don’t do endorsements): I got my son a decent GT Triple Triangle bike when he was so over his little 7 speed – this after a 20 mile ride at Allegrippis. That one didn’t have the performance he knew he wanted (he was a trouper!) and I knew he was poised to grow – it still works well for him at 13yo and 6’1″. It was a little long for him at the time, but he adapted well – and he loved the more expansive gears, bigger wheels, and disc breaks. (When he tops out in a couple years – towering over me, I expect – I’ll get him the last bike I’ll buy him.)

A few months after I got him that GT, one of his two best friends since forever got a less-well spec’ed version of about the same frame (his mom asked the guy at Performance which bike I’d gotten for my kid – bad beach of privacy, but she had my personal details down pat; as I said, BFsFs!). He’s loved it, too.

I’ve taken them out many times, locally and on more exotic trips to WNC, WV and Allegrippis. My son also commutes to middle school 2-4 days a week (about 3 miles each way) on it; his friends join him now and again. Both GTs have been good buys.

-jk

Profile photo of SCKINZ1
    SCKINZ1
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I will pass it along to him.
    Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.