Go Back   MORE Forums > Community Forums > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27th, 2012
Gambriershed Liaison

philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar. philvw is a forum RockStar.
The Official 2012 MORE Fall Camping Trip

Wild, Wonderful West Virginia.

Mark your calendars for MORE's 19th Annual Fall Camping Extravaganza! This year’s edition will take place Friday, Sept 21, 2012 through Sunday, Sept 23rd. This year, we are returning to Davis WV, where the MORE fall camping trip originated.

We will not be staying in the state park campground, we have reserved a private campground which is located on the entrance road to Blackwater State Park. It is a very short ride into the trails, and close enough to Davis that you can walk, so you have easy access to bars, restaurants, cafes, stores, even a bike shop! The drive to Davis should be much shorter than the drive to Douthat.

All the details for the weekend will be forthcoming, but you can Sign up now!

Just came on as the MORE official Fall Camping Trip Beer Sponser,

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

The campground owners have said they can accomodate about 50-60 people, which I believe will sell out quickly once registration is open. I am pushing them for more space and being able to up that number by stating that we are very comfortable with crowding many tents in a small place. The area they have in mind for us is an open field, but they have two fields, and hopefully we can spill into the additional area, provided that their other campers have left for the season. I hope to get permission and space to 100+ campers. They are more worried about parking than with the actual number of people.

Should this sell out (and I believe it will), or if you want a quieter campsite, Blackwater Falls State Park has a 65 site caming area which is first come first served, so our overflow can go there, provided they get there before other people do and take the spots. This should be peak leaf color season, so competition may be high for these spots.

For those of you who do not like camping, Blackwater Falls State Park has a lodge that you can stay at and also cabins for rent. There are several brand new built deluxe cabins that are supposedly very, very nice that can be reserved, but the time is now if you want to set that up. Link here:

In the town of Davis there is an Inn and a B&B, and also a Best Western hotel, so options to stay are many.

Canaan Valley State Park, which is about 8mi away, also has camping and lodging, and where the Timberline Resort is. All over the area are vaction rentals also.

As always, this will open to current MORE members first, then to all, so keep your membership current! Once registration opens, I am asking anyone attending to register and pay (no poaching please, it's simply not fair). There will also be the usual give aways, beer, food, pot luck dinner will depend on what I can round up as sponsorship. If you are staying in Blackwater SP, or one of the cabins or other accomodations, there will be a resigtration fee for that, festival attendance without MORE camping option.

Thanks, and watch this space for updates!
Now some visuals to entice you, snagged from Blackwater Bikes site:

Here is a Vimeo video:

Last edited by philvw; August 22nd, 2012 at 02:32 PM.