Go Back   MORE Forums > Community Forums > Trail Discussions > George Washington National Forest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3rd, 2012
MORE Member

smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class smusante Sport Class
To each her own -- I prefer heading south on the east ridge

FYI - the Stevens trail is a good option at the end if you're a bit tired since there are some nice flowy-er parts. A totally different flavor from the final climb up towards Kennedy Peak and the rocky/technical trail around it which, don't get me wrong, is super fun, Steven's is just a nice option if you're tuckered out - and the many blowdowns that were across parts of it are all clear as of last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedup View Post
I tend to think both ridges flow better heading Northbound. I rode with a group who did Stevens to Veach a few weeks and it rode great. Trails are wide open right now, so get it before the green briar and poison ivy come in