Go Back   MORE Forums > Community Forums > Gear Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 30th, 2012
MORE Member

langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails langer never rides wet trails
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyvelo View Post
I searched the threads hear for information as I prepare to extract the bolt I just stripped that holds on my brake lever - Avid Speed Dial. The soft allen head didn't like it when I did set the wrench deep enough before rotating. I am liking Scott's idea of cutting a slot in the bolt so I can use a screwdriver.

This sound like the right approach for this particular problem? I have extractors, but the soft metal doesn't strike me as though it would grab well.

Thoughts?
Extractors, like was said above, are a last resort in my opinion. I would cut a slot with a dremel, like you said, and use a screwdriver. Worst thing that could happen is you end up removing the whole head and then use an extractor on the remainer of bolt, which should come out since there won't be any tension on it with the head gone.