Go Back   MORE Forums > Community Forums > Commuting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27th, 2012
MORE Member

JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar. JHarris is a forum RockStar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Girl View Post
I rewatched the video with your post in mind. The side cycling/parking lane ended and restarted again and again. But while the white stripe was there, despite the cars being parked, only once did the cyclist migrate over the white stripe and into the main traffic lane and that by just the tiniest bit. All other times, he stayed on his side (right) of the stripe.
Absolutely; I noticed that, too. That's why I didn't post about it under your thread--I didn't want to convey that I thought somehow they'd brought it on themselves.

Just focusing on the issue of in-and-out riding, I think I'd probably keep a straight line (outside of the cars) even within that shoulder. I find that drivers ignore sides of the road and shoulder boundaries when they aren't aware of a good reason to attend to them.
John