Go Back   MORE Forums > Community Forums > Gear Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 13th, 2012

chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails chaostactics never rides wet trails
Help: Fox F29, damper (nut) coming lose.

So when I initially got my bike it had and F29 RL (2009) there was issues with the damper side leaking at the top nut. I pulled it apart and changed the oil on the damper side only (tightened it with a box wrench, very bad Idea I know) but it solved the leaking issue and the lock out worked just fine.

Now about a year later I service the fork again because the top nut came loose. This time it was a full service, air spring and damper side fluids replaced. Along with seals replaced.

This time I used a socket and cranked it down pretty tight. Rode it for 3 days and the nut (top of damper) is coming loose again when I engage/disengage the lock out.

I took it into Race pace and had a tech there tighten it for me. 1 day later coming loose again.

What can I do? Can I use teflon tape or blue thread locker? I can't tell if its the threads on the damper or crown assembly that are the issue.